// Introduction to Literary Arts // Intermediate/Advanced Poetry // Intermediate/Advanced Fiction // Playwriting // Senior Publication
The Virtual Audition Includes:
Upon receipt of the application and approval to audition, the applicant will receive a link to an online portal login to submit their audition components. Within the portal, applicants can directly upload their documents.
The applicant will submit a portfolio of five (5) original works to be uploaded with the online application:
- One (1) sonnet
- Two (2) free verse poems – 14-24 lines per poem
- One (1) flash fiction piece of no more than 500 words
- One (1) short story no longer than five pages.
All works should be typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced with the applicant’s first and last name and work type (sonnet, flash fiction, etc.) in the right-hand upper corner of all pages.
To be completed on audition day:
- The applicant will complete a type-written Literary Arts assignment within a certain time frame via the online portal provided by MSA. Instructions will be provided upon login.
News & Events
Clinnesha Sibley holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Tougaloo College and a Master of Fine Arts degree in Playwriting from the University of Arkansas. She is an award-winning playwright and a published author of plays, poetry, monologues and essays. She taught in higher education for many years at the University of Arkansas and the College of Charleston before focusing on secondary education. In 2013, she received an Arkansas Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship. She was selected as one of twenty-four “change-makers” across the United States for the 2017-2018 National Arts Strategies Creative Communities Fellow Program.
“My goal is to empower writers to cultivate their unique voice and become socially responsible artists.”
- View Literary News Highlights
- Literary Courses on Moodle
- Literary Arts Blogspace
- Literary Coffee House Event
- The Phoenix Literary Journal