// Introduction to Literary Arts // Intermediate/Advanced Poetry // Intermediate/Advanced Fiction // Playwriting // Senior Publication
The on-site audition at MSA includes a written assignment. Instructions will be provided.
- Five original, written works: One (1) sonnet, one (1) ballad, two (2) free verse poems — (14 to 24 lines per poem); and one (1) short story.
- The short story should be typed in Times New Roman font, 12 point font size, double-spaced with the applicant’s first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page.
- The portfolio may be submitted electronically via a specialized link provided by the Admissions team after completing the online application.
News & Events
Clinnesha Sibley holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Tougaloo College and a Master of Fine Arts degree in Playwriting from the University of Arkansas. She is an award-winning playwright and a published author of plays, poetry, monologues and essays. She taught in higher education for many years at the University of Arkansas and the College of Charleston before focusing on secondary education. In 2013, she received an Arkansas Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship. She was selected as one of twenty-four “change-makers” across the United States for the 2017-2018 National Arts Strategies Creative Communities Fellow Program.
“My goal is to empower writers to cultivate their unique voice and become socially responsible artists.”
- View Literary News Highlights
- Literary Arts Blogspace
- Literary Coffee House Event
- The Phoenix Literary Journal
- Literary Program Podcasts