// Introduction to Literary Arts // Intermediate/Advanced Poetry // Intermediate/Advanced Fiction // Playwriting // Senior Publication
The Audition Includes:
To be included with application submission:
- Portfolio of five (5) original written works in a pocket folder: one (1) sonnet, two (2) free verse poems – (14 to 24 lines per poem; one (1) flash fiction piece of no more than 500 words; and one (1) short story no longer than five pages typed in Times New Roman, 12 point font, double-spaced with the student’s first and last name and work type (sonnet, flash fiction, etc.) in the right hand upper corner of all page (Protective sheets are not recommended).
To be completed on-site:
- A written/typed Literary Arts assignment to be completed on-site.
News & Events
Clinnesha Sibley holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Tougaloo College and a Master of Fine Arts degree in Playwriting from the University of Arkansas. She is an award-winning playwright and a published author of plays, poetry, monologues and essays. She taught in higher education for many years at the University of Arkansas and the College of Charleston before focusing on secondary education. In 2013, she received an Arkansas Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship. She was selected as one of twenty-four “change-makers” across the United States for the 2017-2018 National Arts Strategies Creative Communities Fellow Program.
“My goal is to empower writers to cultivate their unique voice and become socially responsible artists.”
- View Literary News Highlights
- Literary Courses on Moodle
- Literary Arts Blogspace
- Literary Coffee House Event
- The Phoenix Literary Journal
Due to COVID-19, students transitioned to at-home learning. See the Spring 2020 showcase online. Click Here.