// Drawing I, II // Painting I, II // Mixed Media // Advanced Drawing & Painting // Advanced Portfolio // Senior Focus // Photography // Digital Arts // Sculpture
The On-Site Audition Includes:
- A drawing assignment to be completed on site, and
- Portfolio of original artworks no larger than 18 in. x 24 in. consisting of:
- Six works, including a still life, and a portrait. Remaining pieces should be of the student’s best work. All are to be drawn from direct observation and represent a range of media, and
- A completed visual arts inventory sheet (provided by MSA).
- Do not submit cartoons, animé, comic book figures or framed images.
- All submitted works must be dry and labeled with applicant’s full name on the back of each piece. Submit works in a labeled portfolio or folder. Labels are the responsibility of each applicant.
- Most of the portfolio should consist of drawings and paintings. If photography is included, there should be four shots that will count as one portfolio entry. Digital files cannot be accepted.
News & Events
Kelly Varner, a Mississippi native, holds an MFA in Two-Dimensional design from Mississippi College and a BFA in Art Education and Music from the University of Southern Mississippi. She was an adjunct professor at Mississippi College and Hinds Community College, Art Instructor for summer programs at the Mississippi Museum of Art, and an Art Teacher for Rankin County School District.
Maurice Calvert is a native of Colorado Springs, CO. He holds a MA in Teaching and a BFA in Graphic Design from Jackson State University. He has worked as a Visual Art Teacher with Jackson Public Schools for eight years. Calvert was the Director of the Christian Athletes Program and he is an active member of the Art Club at Jackson State University.