// Acting I, II, III, IV // Dramaturgy I, II // Company I, II // Theatre Play Production // Movement for the Actor
The On-Site Audition Includes:
- Performance of a cold read, and
- Performance of a memorized dramatic or comedic monologue (words spoken by one person in a play) from a published play (one minute maximum).
- Performance of an adjustment (a change in a character’s behavior) to the original monologue.
- Performance of a movement based improvisation.
- Applicants should use no costumes. Minimal props may be used for the monologue, but only if they do not distract from the quality of the performance.
News & Events
Dr. Robert Brooks holds a Master of Arts degree in Theatre from Kansas State University and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Theatre from Louisiana State University, with an emphasis in Dramatic Theory and Criticism. He taught for many years as a theatre generalist at Eastern Illinois University, Tougaloo College and Francis Marion University. He teaches acting, directing, theatre history, dramatic literature/theory, play writing, play production and script analysis. He has directed many theatrical productions at universities, community theatres and the Mississippi School of the Arts.
“I’m giving them a little preview of the college curriculum. I find that when they go to college as freshman and sophomores, they get cast more often.”
Due to COVID-19, students transitioned to at-home learning. See the Spring 2020 showcase online. Click Here.