// Ballet I, II // Modern I, II // Improvisation I, II // Composition I, II // Senior Focus
The On-Site Audition Includes:
- Short classes in ballet and modern dance (a 20th century contemporary art form of concert dance allowing for greater freedom in the torso, expressiveness, and movement experimentation, utilizing bare feet, parallel foot positions, and floor work). Teacher demonstrates all dance combinations.
- Applicants should come with a prepared 60 second solo (no costumes). All music should be on a CD.
- Applicants will also participate in an improvisational study (a spontaneous creating and performing of movement choices in response to a stimulus and/or impetus.)
- Applicants must wear dance attire — leotards and tights (convertible to bare feet) (girls), and fitted t-shirt and pants (boys). No particular leotard color is required for the audition. No jewelry. Hair must be securely fastened to the head.
- Ballet shoes are required.
News & Events
Dec 19, 2018 – Dec 20, 2018 7:00pm, Enochs Black Box Theater
Tammy Stanford holds an MFA from Montclair State University and BFA in Dance from the University of Southern Mississippi. She is founder of the Dance department and Movement Specialist for Theatre at MSA. She was awarded MSA’s Teacher of the Year for 2016 and Thad Cochran Distinguished Arts Educator in dance from the Mississippi Alliance for Arts Education in 2004. Ms. Stanford is chair of the dance writing committee and trainer for MS Department of Education’s Visual and Performing Arts Framework. She has been a member of the Teaching Artist Roster for the Mississippi Arts Commission and provided dance programing for agencies, schools and universities throughout Mississippi. She has graduate training in Process Pedagogy with the National Dance Institute. She has received recognition for choreography, teaching, and directing of over twenty years of concert stage performances.