CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: The Phoenix 12th Edition
D A T E / T I M EDec 19, 2019 - Jan 17, 2020
L O C A T I O Nwww.msabrookhaven.org
MSA Official Web Site
D E T A I L S
The Literary Arts department at Mississippi School of the Arts invites students to submit literary and artwork for consideration in the 12th edition of The Phoenix literary journal. The call is open for all MSA students. The Phoenix is a yearly publication that features the works of MSA students. The journal is published in the spring and made available for sale to the public.
Acceptable genres include:
- Poetry (no more than 30 lines)
- Short stories (max of 2000 words)
- Flash Fiction (max of 1000 words)
- Personal Essays & Memoir (max of 2000 words)
- Companion Pieces (collaborations between visual and literary works)
- Visual Art of any medium (must be scanned or photographed)
- Photography (must be digital)
- Visual Cover Art for The Phoenix (scanned or digital)
- Comics (optional artist statement; inquire for details)
The deadline for all submissions is Friday, January 17, 2020, at 5:00pm.
CLICK HERE to access Moodle for more information and to submit your work.