Required Documents for Incoming Juniors / Rising Seniors

This is an important section of enrollment. Certain forms and documents are required to be on file at Mississippi School of the Arts during the registration process. Specific documents are required prior to the first day of school.

INCOMING JUNIORS should mail the following documents to the Admissions Office immediately after completing new student enrollment, prior to New Student Day.

  • Birth certificate
  • Social security card
  • Health insurance card
  • Immunization record
  • Current 10th grade transcript (may be unofficial)
  • Current 10th grade class schedule
  • IEP / 504 form (if applicable)

INCOMING JUNIORS do not have to provide the following documents prior to New Student Day, but should be on file at Mississippi School of the Arts prior to Move-in Day. If they are already available, it is okay to submit now along with the documents listed above.

  • Medical physical (dated within previous 12 months)
  • Mental health release form (if applicable)
  • Two (2) updated proofs of residency (see proofs of residency requirements section below)
  • ACT score or proof of registration for the next available test.

RISING SENIORS must be invited back to maintain enrollment at Mississippi School of the Arts. Grades, attendance, and discipline are all factors in the decision-making process. The following should be mailed by the due date listed on the second-year acceptance letter. Rising seniors must also complete online student orientation during the summer as a refresher prior to move-in day.

  • Two (2) updated proofs of residency (see proofs of residency requirements section below)
  • Medical physical (dated within previous 12 months)

Proofs of Residency Requirements

Only parent(s) / Legal Guardian(s) with whom the student resides will be allowed to register the student.

Parent(s) / Legal Guardian(s) are required to have a valid Mississippi Driver’s License or Mississippi Photo ID (obtain from Division of Motor Vehicles License Location). No out-of-state license or photo ID will be accepted.

The parent must also provide two (2) Proofs of Residency, one (1) each from the lists below, to register their child / children.

Group 1 – Choose only one (1) from this list:

  • Mortgage Statement (dated within the last 45 days)
  • Property Tax Display Form
  • Filed Homestead Exemption Application Form
  • Filed Property or Warranty Deed (dated during the actual school year)
  • Apartment or Home Lease/Agreement

Group 2 – Choose only one (1) from this list:

  • Cable Statement/Bill (includes the following: Cable, DirecTV, Dish, U-Verse)
  • Water Statement/Bill
  • Solid Waste Statement/Bill
  • Gas Statement/Bill
  • Electric Statement/Bill

(Bill reading or statement dates must be within 45 days of first day of school)

New Student Day for Incoming Juniors

It’s important for new parents and students to attend this day. Make sure to mark it on your calendar! Also make sure all documents are submitted as requested.

View New Student Day Information →