// Intro to Media Arts // Media Arts I, II, III, IV // Video and Audio Technical Production // Advanced Film and Television Production // Senior Focus
The Audition Includes:
To be included with application submission:
- One (1) 60-second film depicting a scene or story in a non-documentary style. Subject matter is the student’s choice saved to a DVD and accompanied by a one-page typed description (12 point font, in Times New Roman) answering the following: 1.) Why the topic was chosen; 2.) A description of what will be seen in the video.
- View Quick Guide: “How to Make a Short Film/Scene
To be completed on-site:
- Story Board assignment completed on-site. Instructions and template will be provided.
News & Events
John Kelly Shelburne, a native Mississippian, holds a BA in film and minor in History from University of Southern Mississippi, as well as an MA in Cinema Studies and a MFA in Film and Television from the Savannah College of Art and Design. Shelburne has given presentations in basic cinematorgraphy, transitions of editing, and Walter Murch’s “Rule of Six.” He has served as script supervisor, unit production manager, editor, writer and producer of short films. Shelburne was a host of the SCAD Cinema Circle, a moderator for the Savannah Film Festival and moderator at Film Haven Film Festival in Brookhaven, Mississippi.
- Media Courses on Moodle
- Media Arts YouTube Channel
- The MSA Film Festival
- Student Portfolios (Protected)