DATE / TIMEJan 8, 2021 - Jan 22, 2021
MSA Official Web Site
The Literary Arts department at Mississippi School of the Arts invites students to submit literary and artwork for consideration in the 13th edition of The Phoenix literary journal. The call is open for all MSA students. The Phoenix is a yearly publication that features the works of MSA students. The journal is published in the spring and made available for sale to the public.
- Acceptable genres include:
- Poetry and/or Song Lyrics (no more than 50 lines)
- Monologues (no more than 500 words)
- Short stories (max of 2000 words)
- Flash Fiction (max of 750 words)
- Personal Essays & Memoir (max of 1500 words)
- Creative Non-fiction & Oral Histories (max of 2000 words)\
- Companion Pieces (collaborations between visual and literary works)
- Visual Art of any medium (must be scanned or photographed)
- Photography (must be digital)
- Comics (optional artist statement; inquire for details)
- Visual Cover Art for The Phoenix (scanned or digital)
The deadline for all submissions is Friday, January 22, 2020, at 5:00pm.
CLICK HERE to access Moodle for more information and to submit your work.