MSA Residence Life
MSA Residence Life aims to create an atmosphere of support for students where personal growth, life skills, and academic learning are enhanced through daily attention to physical, emotional, and mental health needs of the students.
MISSISSIPPI SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
P. O. Box 229, Brookhaven, Mississippi 39602
Resident Education Parent
Part-time ($12 hourly, up to 20 hours per week)
The Mississippi School of the Arts (MSA) is seeking applicants for the position of Food Service Worker. MSA is a statewide residential school that provides advanced programs of study in vocal music, theatre, visual arts, dance, media arts, and literary arts. The Mississippi School of the Arts is located on the historic Whitworth College
Campus in Brookhaven, Mississippi, which is approximately 60 miles south of Jackson, the state capital.
The Resident Education Parent (Residence Life Counselor) will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Residence Life at the Mississippi School of the Arts. This position encompasses duties that include, but are not limited to planning, organizing, and carrying out residential goals and objectives; enforcing regulations and disciplining students in accordance with school policies and regulations; inspecting, supervising, and participating in supervising housekeeping activities; assisting in the establishment of schedules of activities and supervision of students (day, overnight and weekend); and other assigned duties and services that are necessary to ensure the success of the Mississippi School of the Arts.
Examples of work performed in this classification include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, organizes, and carries out residential goals and objectives to meet each child’s needs.
- Establishes relationships with residence education activity staff and supports each child in his/her appropriate activities.
- Establishes relationships with each child’s academic teachers and becomes involved in monitoring residence study hours, checking homework, and providing tutorial services to meet each child’s educational needs.
- Listens to children’s personal problems and refers them for counseling as necessary.
- Enforces regulations and disciplines children in accordance with school policies and regulations.
- Maintains records and prepares reports as required.
- Attends to the basic health needs of children.
- Inspects, supervises, and participates in supervising housekeeping activities of the residence.
- Assists in the establishment of schedules of activities and supervision to account for each child at all times.
- Assists in homegoing procedures and transportation.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Graduation from a standard four-year high school or equivalent (GED).
Applicants for the position must apply online at www.msabrookhaven.org. Inquiries may be made to Suzanne Noble at 601-823-1345 or by email at Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit applications to email@example.com. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone. Hires will be required to complete a background check prior to start.
The Mississippi State Board of Education, the Mississippi Department of Education, the Mississippi School of the Arts, the Mississippi School for the Blind, the Mississippi School for the Deaf, and the Mississippi School for Math and Science do not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, or disability in the provision of educational programs and services or employment opportunities and benefits.