NEC IP Phone System
This site provides instructional guides for the use of the NEC desktop business phone and dial features. The type of phones currently in use at Mississippi School of the Arts include a combination of analog, digital, and IP phones.
The following are functions for operating the deployed NEC IP and digital business phones. Download: Function List
- Answer Call – Lift Handset or Press SPEAKER (Make sure MIC light is on)
- Placing Calls (Internal) – Press one touch button or dial extension
- Placing Calls (External) – Lift handset – Dial 9 + Number
- Hold – Press HOLD button
- Transfer – With call in progress – Press TRANSFER – Dial EXTENSION – Wait for answer or hang up
- Quick Transfer to VM – With call in progress – Press TRANSFER – Dial EXTENSION – PRESS 8 – Hang up (Call will be transferred directly to VM)
- Page (Button) – Press PAGE button and dial access code
- Park a call (Park Orbits) – With call in progress – Press open PARK button (Park 1 or 2)
- Retrieve Parked call (Park Orbits) – Press RED Park 1 or Park 2 button
- CONFERENCE – With call in progress – Press CONF (softkey) – Dial number(Internal or 9+ for external) – When party answers, let them know they are joining a conf – Press ADD. To add additional parties… repeat steps. When ready to join all parties together PRESS BEGIN
- Adjust ring volume – Press SPEAKER – Dial 729 – Use up/down buttons to adjust – Press SPEAKER
- Change Ring Tones – Press SPEAKER – Dial 720 – Select “1” for Internal or “2” for External
- Last Number REDIAL – Press REDIAL (repeat to scroll) Lift handset to place call
- Caller ID – Press LIST – Press CID – Use arrows to scroll
- Call pick up (all) – Lift handset – DIAL 769
- Call pick up (Direct) – Lift handset – PRESS * * – Then dial specific extension
- Call forward all – Press SPEAKER – DIAL 741 – PRESS 1 – DIAL destination (Internal extension or 9+outside number – Press SPEAKE
- Call forward all cancel – Press SPEAKER – DIAL 741 – PRESS 0 – Press SPEAKER
- Call forward busy no answer – Press SPEAKER – DIAL 744 – PRESS 1 – DIAL destination (VM Pilot 100) – Press SPEAKER
- Call forward busy no answer cancel – Press SPEAKER – DIAL 744 – PRESS 0 – Press SPEAKER
- Call forward all (VIRTUAL) – Press SPEAKER – Dial 790 – Press 1 – Dial Virtual – Dial destination – Press SPEAKER
- Call forward all Cancel (VIRTUAL) – Press SPEAKER – Dial 790 – Press 0 – Dial Virtual – Press SPEAKER
- Message light cancel – Press SPEAKER – Dial 773 – Press SPEAKER
- Voice/Tone – Press SPEAKER – Dial 723 (Signaling/Ring) or SPEAKER 721 (Voice) – Press Speaker
- Set Time – Press SPEAKER – Dial 728 – Enter 2 digits for hour (24 hr clock) – Enter 2 digits for minutes – Press SPEAKER
Voice mail is not available for all extensions. Please verify that you have voice mail service before proceeding.
Voice Mail Setup
- Press the VMsg soft key
- The main voicemail menu will appear in your display. Press Greet to record your greeting.
- Choose Greeting 1 (Gr1), Greeting 2 (Gr2), or Greeting 3 (Gr3) to be active.
- Press Rec to record. Wait until the display says “Recording” before you begin to speak.
- Press Done when you are finished recording.
- To record a name for your mailbox, from the main voicemail menu, press More, then press RcNam.
- To access further menu options, from the main voicemail menu, press More, then press Setup.
- To set your security code, press Code.
Public Address System
The NEC system is connected to the campus’ public address array. Using specific keypad codes, authorized paging stations may conduct PA sessions at the Student Life Center or campus-wide. Please see the Technology Department for access codes. Access codes are restricted to authorized personnel only.
On authorized IP telephone handsets, perform the following:
- Pick up handset.
- Press PAGE soft button.
- Enter the specific code for SLC or campus-wide.
- Say announcement in a commanding voice.
- Hang up.
Phone will not power on – Most phones on campus are network-connected IP phones. Check to make sure the ethernet cable is plugged into the phone and the wall.
** Additional support may be reached by submitting a technology incident ticket. Please click here to continue.