Essay Format and Question Prompts
During the application process, students are asked to complete an essay to be mailed along with other required documents. This essay is in addition to any other audition requirements specific to the arts discipline in which you’re applying.
In the essay, describe yourself by answering the following questions. The entire essay, including responses to all of the questions listed below, should not exceed 4,000 characters.
- Why do you want to attend the Mississippi School of the Arts?
- What are your expectations as a student at MSA?
- What are you strengths and weaknesses as a student?
- How would you function independently without parental supervision?
- How does art influence your life?
- What experiences/training have you had outside of school hours?
- What are your extra-curricular activities, volunteer, and work experiences?