The Mississippi School of the Arts has announced the winners for the second annual “Show Your Best, Mississippi!” state-wide art contest 2021-2022. Students from all over Mississippi submitted entries to be judged by professional artists. We are proud of the work shown by our young Mississippians. It’s always a difficult process choosing winners. Thank you to all who submitted, and we look forward to next year’s contest!
Prizes for award winners: Overall Contest Winner: $250 Gift Card + MSA Summer Camp Scholarship (Value $350) or $350 MSA Scholarship if applicant is 10th grader; 1st Place in Each Category: MSA Summer Camp Scholarship (value of $350) or $150 gift card and MSA Swag Bag; 2nd Place in Each Category: $75 Gift Card; 3rd Place in Each Category: MSA Swag Bag.
For more information about this contest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overall Contest Winner
Ellie Eubanks, Literary: “My Blooming Soul” (10th Grade, Gulfport High School)
- 1st Place: Ellie Eubanks, “My Blooming Soul” (10th Grade, Gulfport High School)
- 2nd Place: Leah Martinez, “The Origami Spirit” (9th Grade, Pascagoula High School)
- 3rd Place (three-way tie): Liz Britten, “Fly” (9th Grade, West Lauderdale High School); Claire Rizzo, “A Rediscovery of Seasons Past” (9th Grade, Bayou Academy); and Danaisha Butler, “Mother Nature” (8th Grade, Batesville Jr. High School)
- 1st Place: Lucy Allen (10th Grade, Jackson Academy)
- 2nd Place: Jaliyah Bell (8th Grade, Bailey APAC)
- 3rd Place: Ely Presleigh (7th Grade, Home School)
- 1st Place: Calah Powe (8th Grade, Waynesboro Riverview School)
- 2nd Place: Laney Palmer (7th Grade, Northeast Middle School)
- 3rd Place: Molly Parish (8th Grade, Magee Middle School)
- 1st Place: Aaliyah Nance (10th Grade, Wayne Academy)
- 2nd Place: Chyna Wells (9th Grade, East Marion High School)
- 3rd Place: Melyssa Clark (10th Grade, Murrah High School)
- 1st Place: Abbi Skarzenski (8th Grade, Pearl River Central Middle School)
- 2nd Place: Ava Brightbill (7th Grade, Ocean Springs Middle School)
- 3rd Place: Chloe Coley (9th Grade, Raleigh High School)
- 1st Place: Noah Robinson, “Company Company” (9th Grade, Forest Hill High School)
- 2nd Place: Sariah Whitfield, “My Life With OCD” (9th Grade, Desoto Central High School)
- 3rd Place: Aerin Eubanks, “Doggy Daycare Ranch” (7th Grade)